- Provides employment and hence food to poor people who spin and weave Khadi cloth.
- It is made of cotton, so farmers get money
- It is eco-friendly
- It is porous and made of cotton, so healthful.
- Austere, simple. Hence it is a statement about your lifestyle and values.
- Connects you to freedom movement, to Gandhi and to all those who believe in his values.
- Khadi gives food to hungry stomachs and your dress becomes a flag of the values you cherish.
Khadi is a symbol of Indian textile heritage. It is handspun and handwoven and the fact that it is a cottage industry always makes my heart happy. Khadi with its slubs, brings out the beauty of the human hand. It is a great industry which needs to be revived in a big way.